Building New Leaders
Help your emerging leaders discover their passion and potential by exploring leadership values and concepts.
Are we doing enough to develop our best leaders before they run for a leadership position? What if we started sooner – focusing on the young leaders who might emerge as your next president, vice president or founder of a new student group? Building New Leaders gives your emerging leaders an opportunity to establish values as the foundation of leadership, examine qualities of the best leaders and explore leadership concepts and skills in an interactive way. Participants will also tackle some of the common challenges that leaders face and develop their own definition of leadership. It’s time to invest in the potential, passion, and strength that your emerging leaders can provide your community.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- to develop a clearer picture of their own values and how these values impact their effectiveness as a leader,
- how to identify the qualities that make up a good leader,
- how to develop their skills to overcome challenges associated with being a leader, and
- how to apply different leadership styles as necessary in different situations.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Interpersonal competence
- Cognitive complexity
- 3-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post assessment
- Often used as part of an existing training
Who is this ideal for?
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
- First Year Students
- New Officers
For more information about the Building New Leaders Worksop, call 1 (844) 745-8570 or email [email protected].
“I would most definitely recommend the Building New Leaders and CAMPUSPEAK because my students loved it. At the end of the day, if they walk away asking for more, then it was worth every penny I spent!”
– Doris Munos, Methodist University