In just one day you can help your group turn a corner by deciding what changes need to be made to fix chronic issues within your organization.
If you feel like your organization could use a jolt of new energy to tackle issues, then our Council Surge Interactive Workshop might be the solution. Council Surge is a program that allows you to use your organization’s core foundation – its values and better understand if your actions align. This program is ideal for executive boards to come together and work as a cohesive group to bring about positive change when it comes to the operations and functions of their group. This retreat-style workshop is like hiring a consultant to come in and work with you to directly target your biggest challenges and opportunities. Our facilitator works with you to design an interactive experience that gets everyone involved in generating new ideas, recognizing barriers, and choosing a way forward.
As an executive board, you will walk through two parts of the workshop. In the first part of the workshop, we will take a critical look at your organization. You will discuss your organization’s values, the different ways your organization is succeeding or needs work and then understand the habits of your group that either prevent you or help you in moving forward. In the second part, you’ll complete an organizational assessment to then use to create an action plan for you and your executive board to complete.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- how to better understand the values of their organization and how to put them into action,
- the positive and negative habits of their organization and determine if they reflect their values, and
- how to create a plan of action to advance their organization and take it to the next level.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Practical competence
- Cognitive complexity
- 5-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and a post-assessment
- Often part of a weekend retreat where executive boards from across campus come together
Who is this ideal for?
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Councils and Organizations
- Student Organization Executive Boards
- Student Governments
- Residence Hall Associations
- Programming Boards
For more information about the Council Surge Workshop, call 1 (844) 745-8570 or email [email protected].