SALAD helps students build a collaborative and cohesive community based on values, commitment, and shared experiences.
Are you looking for an innovative way to create stronger unity among all student leaders on campus? SALAD will help participants understand one another and make connections that will help them tackle important issues facing their community. Students will uncover a greater understanding of organizational similarities and differences while discussing values, examining current and potential partnerships and exploring perceptions of their student organizations. Once the baggage is out in the open, student leaders can focus on the “big picture” and identify opportunities for collaboration to reach their common goals.
Participants will also become more aware of the resources and support available within the community and how to partner with organizations to maximize these resources. Students will commit to an action plan that will ensure the advancement of each organization and the campus community as a whole. It is time to focus on the organizations as part of a community and not just the members of individual groups.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- the differences and similarities of the diverse students and organizations of their campus,
- how to create opportunities for establishing and expanding relationships with various student leaders on campus to maximize the use of resources,
- how to create a plan for implementing change and developing collaboration on an organizational and community level, and
- how to articulate organizational and community values and align them with actions.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Interpersonal competence
- Humanitarianism and civic engagement
- 3-hour or 5-hour track options
- Includes a participant workbook and a post assessment
- Can be hosted for just fraternity and sorority organizations or all student organizations
Who is this ideal for?
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
For more information about the SALAD workshop, call CAMPUSPEAK at 1 (844) 745-8570 or email [email protected].
“SALAD was just what the doctor ordered. The workshop was very effective in revealing many of the stereotypes and preconceptions that existed on our campus—(it) led to dialogues that began bridging many of the gaps on our campus.
– Brittany, Graduate Assistant for Greek Life, Illinois State University
“It brings us out of our organizations and council bubbles in order to understand and communicate better with others.”
– Kyle, Baylor University